The Blue Diary

And all the words and lullabies...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Train Driver

You keep odd hours
Like a Metro train driver
I: Conquered my fears
Went down the stairs
Got on the subway
Climbed into the very first car
Just so I could get a glimpse of you
Just so I could get to glance at you
And know that you were really real
I'd heard your voice from time to time
And you seemed very kind.

From behind I knew you could feel me
Peering into your soul
But you didn't lose control
You just kept me directed
Where I needed to be headed.
And you looked back long enough to see
An embarassed, in love me
And you loved me all the same
So don't you dare try to forget
All we claimed we knew.

I only ride the Metro for you.

It's kind of crazy, just a little bit, I guess. But I like it enough. I like it enough to have it memorized now. It's pretty. Think like "I only ride the Metro for you." or, rather, "I only face my fears to get close to you." I dunno. Sweet, charming, romantic, but entirely mad. A girl who's in love with a train driver she's not even sure exists, but, she keeps trying so that one day she'll meet him. And she's certain that all her trying will add up, and he'll love her as well. I dunno what makes me write poetry anymore. It doesn't always fit exactly into the mold of what I feel or experience, only a little, but I like that. It's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home