The Blue Diary

And all the words and lullabies...

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A poem

Here's a little poem I wrote while at the community college today. The inspiration was this lovely boy who looked quite like a dear friend of mine. I think I'm going to call it "Did I..." It's not the greatest thing I've ever written, but I wanted it to be seen. Leave comments. :) So, without any further ado:

Did I mention I'm in love?
One more extension of his hand
into my life,
enough to make most wrongs right.

Seven times seventy.
Please forgive me
and stretch out that lovely hand
into my life.

Did I call out your name?
One more confession of my mouth
and blinded eyes,
enough to make me waste my time.

Perfect blue,
perfect like you,
we travel in circles
to perfect our comfort.

Did I show you my scars
and the small marks upon my arm
that, now, only I can see?
But you still tried to protect me.

(I'm close enough to know
all the secrets you've not told.
I'm far enough away
to hear all you've got to say.)

C'mon, let's run away.
I can be who I've always been
again,
again and again.

again,
again and again.

again,
again and again.
Is that enough?

So, there you have it. Sorry it's not better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home